In order to ensure the accuracy of the data when using the airtight leak detector, we need to pay attention to some details to reduce the difference in data.
(1) Do not use the sink leak test before the gas leak detector gas test: the leak test gas leak hole is usually very small or narrow capillary, if the leak hole is placed in the sink before the leak test gas test These leaks or capillaries will be blocked or filled with water, and the water trapped in the leak holes will be very difficult to be expelled from the small holes due to surface tension, which greatly affects the leak detection result. The solution to this problem can only be ruled out by a long drying process.
(2) Check for large leaks before filling the leak detection gas: Quickly test for large leaks before filling the leak detection gas. Otherwise, the leak detection gas that overflows from the large leak will contaminate the leak test area. The simple test method for large leaks is to evacuate the test piece and observe whether to maintain the pumping pressure in a short time. If the test piece can maintain the pumping pressure, it indicates that it does not have any large leak holes and can be filled with leak detection gas.
(3) Do not vent or overflow the leak detection gas to the test leak zone: the smaller leak detectable rate in the test leak has a great relationship with the background concentration of the leak detection gas, although the leak detector only detects the leak detection gas. The concentration changes, the high background concentration also tends to show high fluctuations. If the leak detection gas is discharged into the test leak area after the test leak, the background concentration will continue to increase throughout the working day. In addition, ensure that there is no gas spillage during filling or discharge, and periodically check the connectors for leaks.
(4) Before filling the leak detection gas, the test piece must be evacuated: in order to accurately test the leak, it is absolutely necessary to pre-evacuate the test piece before filling the leak detection gas, especially for the long and narrow geometry test. The piece is especially important. If it is not evacuated before filling, the air in the test piece will be squeezed to the end of the geometric space, and the leak detection gas will not enter this part, so that the potential leak will only release air, and the airtight leak detector will These leaks cannot be detected.
If the test piece is filled with a low-pressure leak detection gas, evacuation is particularly important because the residual air in the test piece will dilute the charged leak detection gas. For example, if atmospheric pressure air remains in the test piece and the leak detection gas is added with an atmospheric pressure, the concentration of the leak detection gas in the test piece is reduced to 50%, and if the charge gas is added with two atmospheric pressures. The leak detection gas concentration is 66%.
The above is the details that need to be taken to ensure the accuracy of the airtight leak detector. We will continue to explain to you in the next issue what other details are needed.
- Precautions when installing the airtight meter
- Name and operation method of each functional part of the airtight leak detector
- How to operate the sealing detector
- Overview of Helium mass spectrometer leak detector and its application fields
- Helium mass spectrometer leak detectors have those leak detection methods
- How does the helium mass spectrometer work?
- Safety of electricity and gas path and protection of leak detector
- Advantages of brazed plate heat exchangers compared with shell-and-tube heat exchangers
- Leak detector placement space and use environment
- How to set the leak detector channel parameters
- The points that should be noted when testing the airtight leak detector.
- Cleaning and maintenance of precision leak detector probes
- Airtight detection equipment application range
- Detection method of airtight leak detector
- Application of Helium Mass Spectrometer Leak Detector in Relay and Integrated Circuit Shell
- Airtight leak detector develops into compact device
- Basis for choosing airtight testing equipment
- How much do you know about airtight testing equipment?
- Application of airtight testing equipment and specific application analysis
- Application of Helium Mass Spectrometer Leak Detector in Vacuum Verification